Business Pitch Competition
Time & Location
About the Event
The Urban Chamber's annual Business Pitch Competition is here! Do you have a brilliant business idea? Want to know how your business pitch measures up? Apply to participate in this year's Business Pitch Competition!
Deadline to submit your application Monday, February 24, 2020 Finalists will be notified by Wednesday, February 26, 2020 Online application must be submitted to participate. Click the button below to see Rules, Terms and Conditions, and Business Pitch Tips
What "What Funders Want To See" Workshop - 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM Business Pitch Competition - 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM When Saturday, March 14, 2020 Where University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 8050 Paradise Road Las Vegas, NV 89123Eligibility
Two categories will be available for the 2020 UCC Capital Connections Business Pitch Competition: businesses in operation for six (6) months or fewer, hereafter referred to as “Startup Business”, and businesses in operation for six (6) months or more, hereafter referred to as “Existing Business”.
Employees of the Urban Chamber of Commerce and all associated sponsors of the Pitch Competition are ineligible to participate. All determinations as to participant eligibility shall be made at the sole discretion of the Business Pitch Committee reviewing the initial pool of applicants.
The competitions in both categories are open to businesses in any industry. To qualify, entrants must meet the following criteria:
Startup Business Eligibility
- Must have operated for six months or fewer
- Must represent a business project or concept in the early stages of development or launch
Existing Business Eligibility
- Must have operated for more than six months (proof of licensing required).
- Must represent a business project or concept in the early stages of development or launch.
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, February 24, 2020. Application must include the following items:
- Completed application form (Click Here to complete the form online)
- Two-minute elevator pitch (video and audio)
- Executive Summary (4 pages maximum)
- Copy of current Nevada business license(s)
- All documents submitted in digital format must be submitted via the online form.
- Failure to submit any of the required documents will result in the disqualification of your application.
- Applications will be accepted up to Monday, February 24, 2020 at 4:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time.
- Finalists will be selected, and all applicants will be sent a notification email by Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
- Finalists must apply to the notification email to participate in the Live Pitch Event at the UCC Capital Connections Business Pitch Competition by Monday, March 2, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time. Failure to confirm will result in disqualification.
- Competition organizers reserve the right to delay or extend the registration period and adjust the number of finalists selected to make the presentation pitch at any time.
- By applying, you agree to the competition terms and conditions.
- If your business is not selected as a finalist, you are still encouraged to attend. You will have a great opportunity to network with like-minded entrepreneurs and learn about business development resources available in Nevada.
- All Pitch Application submissions will be reviewed by the Business Pitch Competition’s Committee prior to the competition final qualification date.
- If a registrant’s application is selected as one of the competition finalists prior to the final qualification date, the registrant will be invited to compete in the UCC Capital Connections Business Pitch Competition.
- Up to 5 finalists will be selected (3 final presenters, 2 alternates) to compete in the Live Pitch Event. In the event one or more finalists cannot compete on the day of the conference, alternate applicants may be selected by UCC organizers to replace them. UCC organizers reserve the right to adjust the number of finalists at any time.
- One representative of each finalist company will have 2 minutes to make their pitch presentation before the judges’ panel. Pitches will be hard stopped at 2 minutes. Time will begin when the presenter begins speaking. The presentation will be followed by a 3-minute Q&A with the judges.
- Presenters must be physically present for the Live Pitch Event at the UCC Capital Connections Business Pitch Competition, which will be held on Saturday, March 14, 2020 by 08:00 am. Failure to arrive by 08:00 am may result in disqualification. No prerecorded presentations will be permitted.
- Companies may have a “back up” presenter ready to make the pitch if an emergency arises or unforeseen circumstance prevents the original presenter from participating.
- The use of PowerPoint or slide presentations is not permitted. Props, posters, or prototypes may be used or displayed, however, set up time will not be provided. Handouts and samples may not be distributed to the judges or audience at any time during your presentation.
- All public sessions of the competition may be recorded and rebroadcast by event organizers, the public at large, or members of the media. Participants should not expect or assume any rights of confidentiality related to data or information presented or discussed during the public session.
- Winner will be announced at the UCC Capital Connections Business Pitch Competition the same day and must be present to claim their award.
- Competition organizers reserve the right to disqualify any application submission that it deems inappropriate, unethical, or offensive – or to disqualify any finalist that violates the rules of the Live Pitch Event.
Read full Terms & Conditions
- General Admission$0$00$0